Sunday, April 18, 2010

Resolution

I know what you're thinking, this probably sounds rehearsed.

This is a public service announcement.

Can I be straight with you for a minute? Your new year's resolutions probably flew out the window the second the clock struck twelve on January second. For most of us, that little list consisted of egocentric goals such as "lose ten pounds" or "stop eating processed foods." But, what about goals such as "be kind to others" and "donate to charity"?

My friend, Patrick Rivers, is part of Run To End Poverty, an organization that aims to relieve poverty in African countries. Now, Patrick is a swell guy, and it makes me sad to see that he is having a little bit of trouble getting people to sponsor him for his run. If everybody donated five dollars instead of going out to rent a movie this weekend, think of the difference it could make.

Every dollar counts. I donated. Will you?

1 comment:

  1. And this is why I have the greatest girlfriend in the world.

    ReplyDelete