Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Don't Walk Away Eileen

Eileen says I'm a boy, not a man.
Crying on the corner with my head in my hands.
I called her name and she ran,
Slipping through my fingers like a fist full of sand.


For reasons unknown to myself and to my victims, I am seldom able to keep a promise. To me, being able to keep a promise is up there with the ability to fly and see through walls. Why has this come to my attention, you may ask?

If I could keep a promise, I would not take your picture. If I could keep a promise, I would stop writing about you. If I could keep a promise, I would use all of this art and life inside of me to do something productive.

I wish I could keep this promise, but keeping promises is hard these days since you broke my heart.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a lion says to me "but sir I bite" and I tell the lion "very well". The lion then tells me what the grass whispers, the meaning of the water hole and how long the dirt has been here. The rain falls to make us lemonade, and me and the lion sit and tell each other stories. The lion is so amazing but I can't seem to tell it so. The lion can smile.

    ReplyDelete